Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day Two of the Missing Camera Mystery

Lyda Ann's crazy days continue . . .

Still can't find my camera. I know darn good and well that Hud has done something with it - and he's just as adamant that he hasn't touched it. So here we are. Stalemate and neither one of us blinking. That doesn't help when you're looking for your camera. Of course, I could just take a picture with my phone, now that I've charged it, but that's beside the point.

Then, when it was time to run this morning, I tried to put on my shoe and my big toe said WHOA!! Yesterday, I went to the doctor and had a wart frozen off that toe. I didn't give it that much thought until I tried to put closed-toe shoes on. Even with a band-aid on, it was like barbed wire on a raw nerve. Yikes! I may have to give that tender skin a few days.

So, let's borrow some questions from Kenlie over at her All the Weigh blog and participate in Friend Making Monday. Here are the rules: take a moment to answer this week’s questions on your own blog, then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts.

My Community

1. Where were you born? Did you grow up there? I was born in North Carolina and moved away after I graduated from college. I met Hud in Tampa, FL and we lived in Las Vegas, NV before we were fortunate enough to get to move back to my hometown in North Carolina.

2. Tell us about your favorite spot in your city. I love my dad's back porch. It was my grandmother's house and it overlooks a lake with beautiful sunsets. I could look at that water all day.

3. Do you volunteer for any organizations? If so, will you tell us about it? I volunteer at Hospice Home on Saturday mornings - answering the phone and making coffee - and I donate blood every eight weeks. I know that's not volunteering, but it's important and they always have doughnuts!

4. Tell us about your favorite local restaurant. Southern Roots is an amazing local restaurant with the best shrimp and grits I've ever eaten. I also love Poblano's for Mexican food.

5. Has your city ever experienced tragedy? If so, how did it recover? Back in the 1980s, a young mother and her male cousin killed her ex-husband, his new girlfriend, his parents and his sister - all in an effort to avoid sharing custody of the children. When the police were closing in on them, they killed the children and then blew themselves up in their car. It all happened in this area and was well documented in Jerry Bledsoe's book "Bitter Blood." I lived here by myself at the time (Hud was stationed in Korea) and I was scared to death!

6. Share at least one unique thing about your neighborhood. All of our sidewalks are made of brick throughout town.

7. If you could do one small thing to change your community, what would you do? I would reroute traffic so people didn't cut through neighborhoods.

8. The Powerball is currently up to 400 million dollars. Would you move to a different place if you won? I would probably stay here, but I would have a vacation home at the beach and one in the mountains and spend lots of time at both!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming over to FATGIRLslim to visit! :D I love your answers too - your Dad's back porch sounds BEAUTIFUL, and I love that your town's sidewalks are made of brick. That must look really nice (although probably a pain in the butt to maintain, haha!) when you're out for a walk!

    And yeah, I'd love to come to North Carolina for a visit - my boyfriend lives in Raleigh, and I'm all loved-up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyda Ann...brick sidewalks? That sounds lovely!

    As for your tragedy, I can't think of a more proper word. Tragedy it is. I bet it just seems like yesterday still.

    Enjoyed visiting your blog...Kay from NW Drizzle

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think? It's your turn to talk! Spread the love around and share your thoughts with me right here!