Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Ready, Set . . . Go!

So, how many times have I said it? How many times have I told myself “I’m getting up in the morning and running”? How many times have I set the alarm to get up, only to turn it off and go back to sleep for an extra hour of snoozing?

Well, let’s see . . . my last 5K race was in May – May 11th as a matter of fact – and here we are more than two months later. It’s probably been that long since I seriously ran and “trained.” And if I’m going to call myself a runner – shouldn’t I actually run?

Today, I saw this list by Calvin Hennick and published in Runner’s World –  “101 Kicks in the Butt” to give you motivation to run. The number one tip on the list is to create a blog and post your daily mileage. I’ve already got the blog . . . I was making a half-hearted attempt to post my daily mileage . . . so now, what’s going to be the difference?

I’m asking people to hold me accountable. That’s it!! I’m going to announce on a daily basis what my goal for the next day’s run is – and I’m asking everyone who is reading my blog to hold me accountable to that goal. I don’t want to have to explain to anyone why I slept in or slacked off . . . so I’m hoping this will do the trick!!


Here we go . . . my goal for tomorrow is to run two miles before work. I know – it doesn’t sound like much for you distance runners, but it’s a big start for 5K girl here. Wish me luck – cheer me on . . . and hold me to it. I need your help!!

4 comments:

  1. run, run as fast as you can... ok...well, run anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run like the wind! I'm cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, how'd you do, missy? I'm going running this evening. One of our running groups meets on Thursday evenings for a 5K. Afterwards, we go across the street to the chocolate shop then next door for a glass or two of vino. I'm thinking you ought to start a running club....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like my kind of running club! I like the idea of running in a group, but in this weather . . . I can barely breathe out there! Thanks for checking in! I need the accountability.

      Delete

So, what do you think? It's your turn to talk! Spread the love around and share your thoughts with me right here!