Monday, July 29, 2013

I'm Back!

Great run this morning! It felt as though I hadn't missed a single step . . . as though I finally got back the running form I had lost. I was beginning to think it was never going to get there!


Hud and I had a good Sunday. Started the day with a little bit of a pity-party for Lyda Ann. If I tried to explain, it would get into too much TMI, but suffice it to say I spent the morning on the couch with a cup of tea with honey and felt sorry for myself. Hud finally roused me around noon and suggested we go out for a movie. We went to see RED 2 and it was great!! 



I can shoot a gun, but Helen Mirren kicks ass! I know it's just a movie, but she is amazing in it!

The pups decided yesterday afternoon that Hud looked like a soft touch for a snack and they wouldn't leave him alone in the kitchen!

Hud has Pepper and Comet's undivided attention

Rocket tries the pitiful look

They were pretty funny!

Hud had a great day at work today - just so glad to be back. He took his knee scooter, rather than his crutches, so his new name is Scooter, but he'll take it. 

Here's hoping for another great run tomorrow!




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting back into the swing of things!

    Hopefully the pity party served its purpose and you were able to get all that negative energy out. Hud is such a great man to know that you needed distraction and obviously how to do it well.

    I loved the first Red, and I was wondering if the second one would be worthwhile. It sounds like it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was just being silly . . . easy to say now, right?

      I loved RED, too so I was excited to see RED 2. This one might have been even better. Hard to say, but we had a good time and it was nice to get out of the house! And saw some previews for other good movies coming up so . . . something to look forward to!

      Delete

So, what do you think? It's your turn to talk! Spread the love around and share your thoughts with me right here!