Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fun with Facebook

I had a great run yesterday morning and felt really good all day . . . until dinner, when a headache started around the edge of my eyes. It wasn't really bad, so I kept on with my life - as you do - but by the time I went to bed, it was a full-blown migraine. Ow!! And also, WTF!!! Things had really been going so well on the migraine front! I guess with all the storms we've had rolling in here every night, I should have expected this, but I was really annoyed.

So, I slept in this morning and still feel a little groggy, but much better.

But, I'm not going to dwell on that today - I have something much more fun to talk about . . .

You know what's fun about Facebook? Even if you're not "friends" with someone, you occasionally get updates on people you didn't even know you were interested in finding out about.

Case in point - when I was in high school . . . probably the summer before my junior year, a guy moved into the neighborhood where some of my friends lived. Was this guy cute? Oh, yes he was.

 I know, but it was 1979

Did I make a nuisance of myself, spending WAY too much time hanging outside his house, hoping to be noticed? Probably. In fact, let’s just say yes, I did. Did I work out some sort of scheme (that I have blissfully forgotten) that caused said cute guy to have to drive me home one evening? Yes, shamefully I did. And did any of this do me one bit of good? No, no it did not. Cute guy ignored me completely and totally. Even when he bagged my groceries while he worked at the local grocery store. However, he did start dating, and eventually married, one of the cute cashiers at said grocery store and, last I heard, they are still married.

And, of course, you know how much better MY life turned out. I went on to bigger and better things. Met Hud and am living the high life over here. So, it’s all good.

Well, on Facebook over the weekend someone, who was friends with the cute guy in high school, put up a picture of himself and a friend at an MLB game. I saw the picture and thought “Aw, I wish I could have been in Atlanta and seen Chipper Jones when his number was retired.” Then, I saw where someone (in the comments) asked who was with him in the photo and . . . it was the cute guy!! And let me just say – not so much anymore!!


What did Van Morrison say - My, how you have grown!

Yep, I think I got the prize there!! Isn’t it funny how things work out, just the way they’re supposed to? There was some song, years ago that said “I thank God for unanswered prayers.” I don’t believe that for a minute. I truly believe God answers ALL our prayers. And sometimes the answer is NO. Not yet. Not now. Not that one.

So, let's appreciate what we have . . . work for what we need (good health) . . . and enjoy this day!!


1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! That same thing happens to me on Facebook. I see an old crush in the present day and I look at my husband and get a big grin on my face. Yep, I made the right choices. :)

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think? It's your turn to talk! Spread the love around and share your thoughts with me right here!