Thursday, July 18, 2013

Checkin' In and Getting Up

I did it!!

I dragged myself out of bed - bright and early this morning - and made myself run this morning, just like I planned.

It would have been so easy to turn over and go back to sleep this morning . . . for some reason, I didn't sleep very well last night. It's been so hot outside and our a/c has had a problem keeping up. So when that alarm went off, I thought "I have a presentation at work today. I probably need to make sure I'm well-rested."

But no - I knew I had made this stupid deal to be here and be accountable. So, I got on up and got moving.


You can see from the distance numbers - over there in the upper right hand corner - that I hit just above two miles this morning.

For some reason, I expected to go right back to the pace and ease of running that I had two months ago when I was running nearly every day. What was I thinking about? This was TOUGH! I had to cut the pace back, but I got it done in the time I had available!

So, what's next? Tomorrow - two miles again. And, looking at that list from Runner's World, it looks as though I should choose some races and go ahead and sign up for them. Of course, that's exactly what got me running in the first place  - signing up for races! . . . don't know why I couldn't figure that out for myself. So if you know of any 5K races in North Carolina you think I would enjoy, let me know about them. I'm especially looking for races in the October/November/December 2013 time frame.

On a sad note, 



I just saw on their Facebook page where Schoep, the sweet dog whose image was captured in this picture that has been all over the internet, died yesterday - just a few weeks after his 20th birthday. Yes, his 20th birthday! I know that I shouldn't be sad for a dog who had a nice, long life like that, but it still was a blue note for the day. 

Stay cool out there - it's been another hot one around here! I'll be back on the treadmill tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to running ... and your blog!

    You must be so proud of yourself for getting out of bed, despite your presentation today. Good for you! Hopefully it will get easier as you get back into a rhythm.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think? It's your turn to talk! Spread the love around and share your thoughts with me right here!