Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Time Flies Like the Wind . . .

Come on - you know the rest of the joke. "Fruit flies like bananas." Hahahahaha!!

You have to search pretty hard to find this kind of humor on other blogs out there! Not everyone is bringing you this kind of highbrow stuff!

Actually, the reason I mention time passing so quickly is . . . my tiny baby is 21 years old today!! Can you believe it? I really can't - seeing as how I am only 25, I'm not exactly sure how that is possible. But you can imagine - he was sitting on a bar stool at midnight last night, waiting for the moment he could show the bartender his ID and legally order his first drink. Notice I didn't say "drink" his first drink. I know better than that.

While Jet was out partying, his ever-faithful mother was at home, making his birthday cake. I think it turned out pretty well.
Jet's cake - waiting in the 'fridge

It has sliced and sugared strawberries between the layers - yum, yum! Let's just say we'll be eating "off plan" tonight.

Speaking of eating, last week's eating went very well, but I knew after the big loss last week that this week's loss wouldn't be as large - and I was right. Just one pound. But that's okay. I'm good with it. As long as I'm losing. The problem is going to be this week - with Jet's birthday today and then mine on Sunday. Yikes!!

Last night was a little bit scary - Pepper started acting really strange. She wanted to go outside after we had already taken the dogs out for the night, which is unusual. She's usually the first one in her bed. So Hud went out with her, and she disappeared in the back yard. Our yard isn't that big, but she was in the shadows and with him on his crutches - he couldn't see her. So I went out there with a flashlight and found her wandering around the yard, eating grass as though she were starving. I kept calling her name and trying to get her to come to me, but she acted like she didn't hear me. Finally, Hud and I decided to leave her alone and we went inside. After about 20 minutes, I couldn't stand it, so I went back out in my PJs and bare feet, but I couldn't see her anywhere in the yard. Hud came out with me and then suddenly she came running up, as though nothing had happened. She sneezed a few times and came on in the house.

She's 11 years old, which I know is old for a Lab, and I know she isn't going to live forever . . . and that's as far as I want to take that sentence. This morning, she acted just fine and ate her food just like she always does. Who knows? Again - I don't want to think about it.

On a happier note, I found a good picture of the birthday boy and Hud - two of my three sweeties.
Jet and Hud - ignore the Phillies hat. Jet and I are trying to educate Hud on that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think? It's your turn to talk! Spread the love around and share your thoughts with me right here!