Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Now THAT'S a Celebration!

Wow - talk about a busy evening! I don't think we could have squeezed (sqooze?) one more thing into Jet's birthday celebration yesterday. Sparky and his fiancee, Gina, joined us for dinner out. They also brought along Gina's four-year-old little boy, Chipper, who is our future grandson! You had no idea Lyda Ann and Hud were going to be instant grandparents, did you? He's just as cute as he can be - as you can see here!

Chipper - wearing Uncle Jet's glasses and hat

Dad is still in his cast 2+ weeks since his knee surgery and he opted not to go out to dinner with us, so we went to his house for cake and presents. He's still doing the "online dating" thing but can't type, so he had to give me instructions on how to answer some of the inquiries he's received from interested ladies. You wouldn't believe some of the "flirts" and other intro's he receives. Women who live 3 and 4 hours away saying things like "we aren't that far away from each other." Well, yes you are if you're wanting to meet for lunch. Dad's looking for someone in a 30-minute radius. I wish he could find someone to pal around with.

These late nights have put an end to my running - I haven't run one step since the race on Saturday . . . and today is Wednesday! I told Hud last night that I HAVE to start getting to bed by 9:30 so I can get up early and exercise. No more 11:00 or 11:30 nights for me! It just makes for a long, tiring day!!

Better get to work - here's a picture of the happy couple!


Gina and Sparky - getting married in three months

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think? It's your turn to talk! Spread the love around and share your thoughts with me right here!