Friday, June 7, 2013

And We're Walking . . .

Sorry, I was MIA yesterday. Did you miss me terribly? I'm participating in a "learn all about your community" project through the local Chamber and yesterday was History & Government day. Which would have been a lot more enjoyable if it didn't rain the first Thursday of EVERY month - which is when our little group meets. I learned a great deal and had a lot of fun - as I always do with this crazy group of people - but I also started growing moss on my north side. So I've got that going for me.
Here is one of the oldest tombstones we saw in the local cemetery. It was hard to read, but it's for a child that died in 1852, before its first birthday. There were two children from this same family buried in the cemetery, both died very young, like this. And then the family moved to Indiana. I know children died early back in those days and, if they moved, the family wouldn't have taken them with them. But I still thought it was terribly sad.


Here's one where the parents are buried on one side and two of their children are buried on the other. And again, one of their children didn't make it to his first birthday.

As I said, it was a fun and interesting day, dodging rain drops.

My little patients are doing well . . . still hobbling around. I think they spend their time, while I'm at work, thinking of things I can do when I get home. I swear my "chore" list gets longer by the day!!

The 5K on the runway is tomorrow. This weather system will still be in place, so it won't be too hot - thank goodness! I saw online yesterday where a friend of mine (who runs ALL THE TIME) posted "signed up for the 5K on the runway. Anything under 20:44 is a win." Since my best time is probably around 35 minutes, I wanted to drive straight to her house and hit her!! Hud reminded me that she has been running A LOT longer than I have and trains more, blah, blah, blah. Sigh - I can't let competitive things like that get to me . . . I have to run my race and let her run hers. But . . . one of these days!! :)

Since Hud won't be running tomorrow, I'll make him take lots of pictures. See ya on the runway!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the weather is cooperating so the race tomorrow will be in pleasant conditions.

    It must be hard being the only able-bodied person in two households. Good on you for putting your husband to work tomorrow. Hopefully he won't have enough time to add to your "honey do" list!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think? It's your turn to talk! Spread the love around and share your thoughts with me right here!