Thursday, May 30, 2013

The One Where Lyda Ann Actually Exercises!

Well, I'm happy to report that my migraine seems to be on the downhill slide and I'm starting to feel half-way human again! Poor Hud! I know he was beginning to wonder if I was ever going to get off the couch or stop walking around with my hand over my right eye. But yesterday went pretty well and today has been a good day, so far! So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my allergies are back under control and will leave my poor ol' head alone!

Another good day yesterday with my WW points. Actually, I was a little bit under my points limit for the day - I have 26 to spend each day and I only used 23 of them. Hud and I went grocery shopping right after I got home from work and then we had to stop at my dad's house. He had surgery on a ligament in his knee last week, so we've been his legs for him ever since. We picked up some items on his grocery list and took them by his house, helped him get his shoes and socks off (really the only thing he can't handle by himself since the surgery - other than driving) and by the time we got home, it was almost bedtime. I wasn't going to eat anything then, so I put the groceries away and got ready for bed. It's probably not any better for me to eat fewer points than it is to eat above the limit, so I need to plan better for next time.

This morning, since I was feeling better, I jumped on the treadmill and ran today! Felt really good to be moving again! And so far, my head and my allergies agree with me. We'll see how the rest of the day goes. I have another 5K coming up on June 8th at our local airport where we get to run on one of the runways - I think that will be really interesting!

A girl I work with had something yummy-looking in her lunchbox yesterday and when I asked her about it, she sent me a link to a WONDERFUL website called SkinnyTaste.com. I know - I'm probably WAY behind the times and you've all known about this site forever. But this brilliant woman takes recipes and makes them "lite" and gives you the calorie count and point count so you can fit them into whatever diet you're following. It's fabulous! Here's the recipe I am dying to try:

Easy Crust-less Spinach and Feta PieSkinnytaste.com
Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 1/6th of pie Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 126 • Fat: 5 g • Protein: 8.8 g • Carb: 12 g • Fiber: 2.5 g • Sugar: 1.7 g
Sodium: 433 mg 

Ingredients:
  • 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and liquid squeezed out
  • 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
  • 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
  • 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/2 cup (2.5 oz) reduced fat crumbled feta
  • 2 tbsp grated Asiago cheese (or Parmesan, Romano)
  • 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (Bob's Red Mill)
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2/3 cup fat free milk
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • fresh cracked pepper to taste
  • cooking spray (I used my misto)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly spray a pie dish with cooking spray or your misto.
Mix spinach, scallions, dill, parsley, feta cheese, and in the pie dish.
Sift flour and baking powder in a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and blend well. Pour into pie dish.
Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until knife comes out clean from the center. Let it stand at least 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 6-8 servings.

If you get a chance to try this before I do, let me know what you think . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think? It's your turn to talk! Spread the love around and share your thoughts with me right here!