Tuesday, April 23, 2013

This is why I love Pandora

Your radio in the car or wherever you might listen to it is okay - but you usually hear the same 20 or so songs over and over . . . and over. I'm really starting to love Pandora because it plays songs from artists that are like other artists I've already said I like - and I usually end up liking the new songs I hear!

Like this song from Skylar Grey - which got me thinking about poetry. I love the way poets (and song writers) can take just a few words and tell a complete, wonderful story. I wish I had that ability. I'm from the "why use 5 words when you can use 50 instead" school of writing, so I'm afraid I will never be able to write poetry like this. But tell me what you think - I'd love to hear your opinion. And before you ask - no, I'm not in a relationship that in any way resembles the one described in this song!! I am simply blown away by the melody and her ability to paint a picture with so few words.


“Love the Way You Lie, Part III”
Skylar Grey

On the first page of our story
The future seemed so bright
Then this thing turned out so evil
I don’t know why I’m still surprised
Even angels have their wicked schemes
And you take that to new extremes
But you’ll always be my hero
Even though you’ve lost your mind

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn
Well, that’s alright because I like the way it hurts
Just gonna stand there and hear me cry
Well, that’s alright because I love the way you lie
I love the way you lie, I love the way you lie

Now there’s gravel in our voices
Glass is shattered from the fight
In this tug of war you always win
Even when I’m right
‘Cause you feed me fables from your head
With violent words and empty threats
And it’s sick that all these battles
Are what keeps me satisfied.

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn
Well, that’s alright because I like the way it hurts
Just gonna stand there and hear me cry
Well, that’s alright because I love the way you lie
I love the way you lie, I love the way you lie.

So maybe I’m a masochist. I try to run , but I don’t wanna ever leave
Till the walls are going up in smoke with all our memories.

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn
Well, that’s alright because I like the way it hurts
Just gonna stand there and hear me cry
Well, that’s alright because I love the way you lie
I love the way you lie, I love the way you lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think? It's your turn to talk! Spread the love around and share your thoughts with me right here!