Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Ride-Along and a Rant


Well, I can safely report that I had a great ride along with the local police department. Super nice officers who were great about having me in the car with them. During my four hours we took a young women to the local jail who we pulled over for a minor traffic violation, but she had an outstanding warrant for her arrest. Then we went to a local restaurant to mediate a domestic dispute between divorced parents and their kids who didn’t want to be with dad for the weekend. Then we went out on a call to intervene with a man and woman who were also having a domestic incident – he had already busted her lip – but she didn’t want to press charges because “I love him.” Unfortunately for them both, once the police were involved, he was on his way to jail and his attitude did nothing to help his case. It was a fascinating evening and showed me some sights and situations I had no idea existed. I was glad to get home to Hud and Pepper!

Love the little Pepper girl!

If you follow Peter Shankman’s column, you’ve already seen this, but I was so blown away by this email, I thought I would share it here, as well. When I was in school, my mother drilled into my head “never put anything on paper that you wouldn’t want the whole world to read.” I do remember getting caught writing snarky comments about people and finding myself on the wrong side of some little girl’s wrath, so that’s why my mother had to say it over and over again. But finally, it sank in, and I’ve taken those words to heart. And, in this day and age – on computers – I would add don’t put anything online you don’t want the whole world to read. I think this is a lesson Rebecca Martinson, from the University of Maryland, should have learned a long time ago!

Caity Weaver, from Gawker.com does a great job of breaking down this amazing email:

A tipster forwarded us the following expletive and CAPS-ridden email tirade, sent to the entire sorority chapter by one of its executive board members, that will go down in history as one of the most passionate denunciations of F***ING AWKWARD AND BORING-ness ever committed to words.

 [UPDATE 4/25: The sorority sister who authored the email has now resigned.]
The impetus for the email: Sisters' inability to participate in Greek Week activities (particularly: those involving their "matchup" fraternity, Sigma Nu) to the satisfaction of the board.
(Put another way: Delta Gamma's leadership was concerned that its young achievers weren't living up to the sorority's historic mission "to foster high ideals of friendship among college women, to promote their educational and cultural interests, to create in them a true sense of social responsibility and to develop in them the best qualities of character.")
I do not give a flying f***, and Sigma Nu does not give a flying f***, about how much you f***ing love to talk to your sisters. You have 361 days out of the f***ing year to talk to sisters, and this week is NOT, I f***ing repeat NOT ONE OF THEM.
In the missive, the author expresses concern for her sisters' ("you stupid c**ks") mental well being...
Are you people f***ing retarded?
...and encourages them, earnestly, to reach out to her if she might be of assistance.
That's not a rhetorical question, I LITERALLY want you to email me back telling me if you're mentally slow so I can make sure you don't go to anymore night time events.
She reveals that she has received word from individuals expressing concern that Delta Gamma girls have not been themselves at recreational sporting events...
I've not only gotten texts about people being f***ing WEIRD at sports
...and behaving in ways observers found unusual.
but I've gotten texts about people actually cheering for the opposing team. The opposing. F***ing. Team. ARE YOU F***ING STUPID?!!
Though the author understands the importance of good sportsmanship...
I don't give a S**T about sportsmanship
...she worries this behavior could create the impression that Delta Gamma is a house divided.
I will f***ing c**t punt the next person I hear about doing something like that, and I don't give a f*** if you SOR me, I WILL F***ING ASSAULT YOU.
Finally, she instructs any sisters who might not feel up to socializing to stay home and recuperate...
I swear to f***ing God if I see anyone being a godd*** boner at tonight's event, I will tell you to leave even if you're sober.
...because maintaining an atmosphere of conviviality is key.
I would rather have 40 girls that are fun, talk to boys, and not f***ing awkward than 80 that are f***ing f****ts.
Love you girls!
And for those of you who are offended at this email, I would apologize but I really don't give a f***. Go f*** yourself.

Want to read the entire email in all it’s glory? It’s worth your time, just for the sheer audacity of it. Just clicker here: Crazy email  I can’t believe that this delusional girl actually believed she could put this rant in an email to her “sisters” and that no one else would see it. Ah, youth. She’s already resigned from the sorority . . . do you think this will follow her as she graduates from college and tries to find a job? Don’t doubt it. Your online profile is there for the world to see! And stays around FOREVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think? It's your turn to talk! Spread the love around and share your thoughts with me right here!