Sunday, August 26, 2012

I Don't Wanna Be a Sardine!


Am I getting too old for crowds? I didn’t think so – I used to think I enjoyed the energy and the excitement of being at an event with a lot of people, but after last night, I’m starting to rethink this.

Last night, Hud and I were at an outdoor concert. It should have been a great evening – beach music and tunes from the 70’s and 80’s, a beautiful night and my sweetie . . . what more could I want? Well, to start with, there were so many people stuffed into such a small space, we felt like sardines in a can. It was impossible to move or to see the stage – forget about dancing or really “getting down” with the music. And the way people were just crushing into you and standing right on top of you – it wasn’t any fun AT ALL!

Then, to add to the misery of the atmosphere, it seemed as though every other person there was smoking! Do people still do that? Well, duh, Lyda Ann – obviously they do, because we were SURROUNDED by them.  And not just cigarette smokers either. There were some of the stinkiest cigar smokers walking around us and then some idiot was even smoking a pipe. Really, Uncle Albert? A pipe?

Hud and I tried to hang out and enjoy it for a while, but eventually, it just got to be too much – so we bailed and went to get a pizza . . . so it wasn’t a total loss. An evening that ends with pizza is never bad. Pepper was very disappointed that she was not included in the pizza invitation but she says we should probably avoid crowds from now on.

From me to you . . . some music to "get down" with. Go get your sweetie and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think? It's your turn to talk! Spread the love around and share your thoughts with me right here!