Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Gym time vs. Shopping . . .


Ooooo, I got so mad at Hud last night, I could have screamed. Now, you may not know this, but that man just loves to go work out at the gym. I don’t know what’s wrong with him and I’ve quit trying to figure it out. It’s his problem and he has to live with it. As long as he doesn’t try to drag me along with him, we will be just fine. Sadly (for him) the gym here in town closed, so he has had to go shopping for a new one. He went to the one you hear about on the radio all the time, but for some reason, he just didn’t like it. I think they tried to give him the hard sell, and if there is one man who won’t be sold, it’s Hud. He knows what he wants and he knows how he wants to buy it. And that’s that.

So yesterday, after work, he decides to go to the big, fancy gym down the road and check it out. At least, that’s what I thought he was doing. When I got home from work, the evidence was right there on the table – he had been sold! I couldn’t believe it! When he finally got home from the worst meeting you could imagine having to attend (believe me – you’d rather gouge your eyes out than have to sit through one of these meetings!) he starts telling me how WONDERFUL this gym is . . . indoor and outdoor pools, sauna, yoga rooms, spinning rooms – you name it! And the price was just as WONDERFUL! It’s not that I begrudge him spending the money (okay, it is, but I’m trying to get over that) because it’s only $10 a month more than what he was spending on the crappy gym he was going to before. But you would think he could have talked to me about it before he signed on the dotted line. But, NOOOOO. And when I said something about me going (as if THAT’S ever going to happen) Hud says, “You can go, for only $44.00.” A month?!?! Do you know how much thrift store shopping I can do with $44.00 a month? Quite a bit, I can tell you!! In fact, there is a very good thrift store, right down the street from FABULOUS gym . . . I might have to take a little field trip.

I was so proud of myself yesterday – I had eaten a good, healthy breakfast and lunch and then tried to wait until Hud got home from the world’s longest meeting for supper. Pepper warned me that I was making a huge mistake, but I thought I could handle it. Let’s just say, dinner turned out to be goldfish crackers and chocolate chip cookies. Delicious – yes. Healthy and helpful toward losing 10 lbs.? No. Coincidently, I got an email at work yesterday afternoon from our Employee Health and Wellness Supervisor (what a great job to have!!) letting all employees know that the local YMCA is sponsoring a corporate weight loss challenge. I came into work this morning and let her know what I ate for dinner last night and said, “I’m in.” She was so sweet – she said: 

Hahaha you are hilarious and honest and i love you! :-) I will write you down as interested! :-)  

She has no idea how serious I am!!


Today is Rocket's birthday! Sweet, sweet little Rocket is 8 years old. It's hard to believe he's that old - and that we've had him in our family since he was 8 weeks old. He's just a big ol' bundle of love.

I'm the birthday boy!

Okay – probably time to do some sit-ups or something. Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think? It's your turn to talk! Spread the love around and share your thoughts with me right here!